As the founder and Managing Director of Base 1 Architects Chris leads all the projects within the Practice.
Chris established Base 1 in 2005 using the broad range of experience acquired over 32 years within the construction industry both on site and as a Project Architect. This has served as a solid platform from which Base 1 has developed and continues to grow.
RIBA BA (Hons) Dip.Arch (Dist) Dip Prof.Arch
Having completed his apprenticeship as a Carpenter and Joiner Chris studied architecture at The Leeds School of Architecture from the age of twenty-one. Following his graduation with Distinction Chris worked for the design leading Practice of Damond Lock Grabowski & Partners where he gained considerable design and job running experience across a wide client base. Later Chris worked in a number of Yorkshire based Practices as an Associate within the residential, retail and commercial sectors.
Chris has received various awards and nominations:
- Nomination for The R.I.B.A Presidents Silver Medal in Architecture.
- The Frank Sykes Prize for Architectural Drawing.
- The David Lunn Prize for A Modern Intervention in a Conservation Context.
- Blue Circle Building Fabrication Award.
- City & Guilds Silver Medal.
- The National Joint Council For The Building Industry Special Prize.
- Robert R Roberts (Leeds) Ltd. Carpentry & Joinery Award.
- Leeds Collage of Building Carpentry & Joinery Award.